MONDAY, JUNE 13, 2016, HIS EXCELLENCY Mr. Edgar Chagwa Lungu, President of the Republic of Zambia has sworn in eight (8) Judges of the Court of Appeal.
The President has said that he is proud with the manner in which the Judiciary of Zambia has conducted itself.
The Head of State has explained that he does not in any way interfere with the operations of the Judiciary as insinuated by some sections of society.
‘I do not interfere with the judiciary as it operates independently’’.
The President has also expressed happiness that the appointment of the judges for the Court of Appeal was gender- balanced.
The Head of State was speaking during the swearing in ceremony at State House. The ceremony was witnessed by Chief Justice Ireen Mambilima, Deputy Chief Justice Mervin Mwanamwambwa, Minister of Justice Dr. Ngosa Simbyakula and Secretary to the Cabinet Dr. Roland Msiska among other Government Officials.
Those sworn in are:
1. Hon. Lady Justice Fulgency Mwenya Chisanga (Judge President, Court of Appeal);
2. Hon. Mr. Justice Chalwe Farai Ralph Mchenga, SC (Deputy Judge President, Court of Appeal);PRESIDENT LUNGU SWEARS IN 8 APPEAL COURT JUDGES
3. Hon. Lady Justice Catherine Kunda Makungu; (Court of Appeal Judge);
4. Hon. Mr. Justice Justin Chashi (Court of Appeal Judge);
5. Hon. Lady Justice Flavia Malata Chishimba (Court of Appeal Judge)
6. Hon. Lady Justice Judy Zulu Mulongoti (Court of Appeal Judge);
7. Hon. Mr. Justice Dominic Yeta Sichinga, SC (Court of Appeal Judge);
8. Hon. Mr. Justice Mubanga Mweniweningwe Kondolo, SC (Court of Appeal Judge)
The Court of Appeal is established under Article 130 of the Constitution of Zambia.