Munkoyo kills boy, 4

1

A FOUR-YEAR-OLD boy has died while 45 other people are admitted to Zambezi District Hospital after drinking a traditional non-alcoholic drink locally known as munkoyo suspected to be poisonous.

Zambezi district commissioner Lawrence Kayumba and North-Western Province commissioner of police Lackson Sakala confirmed the development in separate interviews yesterday.
Mr Kayumba said the incident happened on Sunday at Kamakala village in Chief Ishima’s area between 10:00 and 11:00 hours.
He said out of the 45 admitted to hospital, 11 are women while 21 are children.
“They mixed the roots which they use to make munkoyo with some other roots,” Mr Kayumba said.

SHARE

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY