Davhuli Technology Group CEO Rafael Nkateko Khoza PROFILE: ( More details at the bottom)
- MBA candidate at Wits Business School.Founding CEO of Davhuli Technologies and now Group CE of DMT which is focused on ICT projects in the Africa market the company has operations in several African countries including SA,Mozambique,Angola, Zambia, Tanzania and others.
South African company, Davhuli Mfumo Technologies (Pty) Limited, plans to start providing free Wi-Fi facilities at various public places in Zambia under a project dubbed ‘Zambia connected-Free Wi-Fi’.
CEO Nkateko Khoza said in a statement issued by the Zambia High Commission to South Africa on Sunday that the first phase of the project will be in the form of a field study which will be conducted by a team of technical experts.
Khoza said the purpose of the initial visit will be to ascertain the technical requirements of installing Wi-Fi in the identified sites of Lusaka, Ndola and Kitwe.
The visit is expected to culminate in partnerships with the Zambia Telecommunications Company (Zamtel), Zambia Information and Communication and Technology Authority (ZICTA), City Councils and the Ministry of Local Government and Housing, among others.
Khoza added that, although the cost of the installation will rest with the selected municipalities, maintenance cost of the project could be reduced significantly through the employment of various funding models, such as the establishment of a business directory.
“Upon commissioning of the project, a training centre will be established. The training centre will equip locals with the skills to install and maintain the project. Once material has been delivered, the rollout of the project will begin with locals at the fore,” Khoza said.
He added, “Upon completion of the project, cooperatives will be created and formalised among the trained candidates. The cooperatives will be tasked with the maintenance of the project.”
Zambia’s High Commissioner to South Africa, Emmanuel Mwamba, said access to the internet will help bridge the digital divide and improve communication in the country.
Mwamba said Zambia can also boost its reputation as a preferred tourism destination by deploying free Wi-Fi at key tourism sites, thereby attracting more visitors while raising the visibility of such sites globally.
Source: IT Web Africa
– Present (6 months)South Africa
– (2 years 4 months)Midrand
DAVHULI set out to become a dynamic and valued presence in the South African IT industry by offering purpose built solutions for enterprises. . Davhuli is a Level 3 BEE contributor.
Software and Professional Services
• ERP Implementation
• ERP Support and Training
• IT Project management
• Business Intelligence Solutions
• IT Managed Services
• ICT Strategy, Governance & Policy formulation
• e-Learning Solutions
• IT Change Management Services
• Application Development & Management
• Remote Support
• Microsoft SharePoint Solutions
– (3 months)Pretoria Area, South Africa
Account manager for IT sales:
My role is to ensure that I position and deliver business solutions to clients on a whole range of issues. My primary focus is on e-Health. Accounts covered across the whole of the Africa region.
Real Global Business Solutions (Pty) Ltd (RGBS) was born out of the Real Africa Holdings Group and has over the years evolved into an e-Health and e-Gov specialist information systems and technology consultancy and integrator.
– (1 year 1 month)Woodmead Johannesburg
Technology Sales Representative for Oracle Business Intelligence for Technology General Business South Africa.
– Sales Role selling Business Intelligence to organizations .
– Closing deals in a series of Four Quarters
– Provide assistance and advice to business managers in the effective use of analytics.
– Serve as a liaison and facilitator between businesses and Oracle in addressing and resolving Risk Management and internal audit issues through the use of Oracle BI.
As the Business Intelligence Sales Representative my role is to position Oracle BI as an effective management tool for analytics. I have to communicate the value that analytics can bring to an organisation. I cover a wide range of topics within Enterprise Analytics which ranges from Operation, Planning and Strategy
– (1 year 1 month)Johannesburg Area, South Africa
– (2 years)
As campus President my role was to set the strategic direction in which the team would head. I also ensured that the team worked efficiently and effectively, utilising available resources optimally.
– (2 years 10 months)
Hardware resseller, company was sold in 2009.