‘Private parts’ murder trial commences in High Court

0

A WITNESS has told the Lusaka High Court how he involved the police to arrest two men allegedly found with male private parts which they were selling at K500,000.
This is in a matter in which Alex Mwanza, 31 a taxi driver and Bruce Kazembe, 26 unemployed, both Lusaka residents, are jointly charged with murder contrary to the Laws of Zambia.
Allegations are that Mwanza and Kazembe, between June 15 and 16, 2014 in Lusaka, jointly and whilst acting together, murdered Haggai Chabu and cut off his private parts.
When the matter came up for trial on Monday before judge Eddie Sikazwe, Mutinta Ng’ambi, a Lusaka resident, said on June 16, 2014 in the morning, he got mobile phone notifications that he had missed calls around 01:00 hours of that morning.
According to Ng’ambi, he called back and that Mwanza answered and told him that he had some business to discuss with him which he could not disclose on the phone.
Ng’ambi said he met Mwanza at Red Eyes Bar near Mike’s Car Wash on Kafue road around mid-morning.
He said Mwanza introduced him to his friend, Kazembe, and that the duo showed him fresh male private parts; a penis and two testicles, dripping with blood, wrapped in a blue plastic, tacked in a green laptop-like bag.
“He asked me to find a buyer because I am his friend and that they were selling them at K500 million [unrebased]. But I was shocked that a friend I knew as a taxi driver could be engaged in such a business,” Ng’ambi said.
He said he then told Mwanza and Kazembe that he had a friend – Joseph Banda – who knew an Indian businessman, who buys such human body parts.
“I then phoned Joseph who linked up with detective sergeant Davison Bwalya at Lusaka Central police and told him that there were two men selling male private body parts,” Ng’ambi said.
He said detective sergeant Bwalya engaged detective constable Frederick Phiri from the Police Flying Squad who arrived in a Mitsubishi Pajero registration number ALG 4668, pretending to be a driver for the Indian buyer.
Ng’ambi said he then asked Mwanza and Kazembe to get into the vehicle with their consignment to take to the Indian buyer in Rhodes Park area.
According to Ng’ambi, a trap had already been set up at Shoprite on Kafue road, and other police officers who had been tipped, blocked the vehicle, fired warning shots and nabbed the two accused.
Detective sergeant Bwalya told the court that Ng’ambi and Banda had been police informers for over two years and that in the same morning of June 16, 2014, police discovered Chabu’s body without private parts in Misisi compound.
Judge Sikazwe adjourned the matter to December 22 for continued trial.

thepost

SHARE

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY