I have not received an official invitation from FAZ-Jacob Mulenga

1

STRIKER Jacob Mulenga has not received an official invitation from the Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) for next month’s Africa Cup qualifier against Kenya.

Sources close to the towering striker said Mulenga told them yesterday from China that no official communication has been sent to him so far.
On Thursday, FAZ insiders said the former Afrisports forward wants assurance that he will be in the starting lineup against Kenya before committing himself to the national team.
He said Mulenga had already been communicated to but the player was reluctant to accept the call before being guaranteed a place in the starting lineup.

Mulenga is one of the two experienced players national team coach George Lwandamina has called for the game against Kenya the other one being veteran striker Collins Mbesuma, who plays for South African side Mpumalanga Black Aces.

Mulenga has hit top form in China scoring nine goals in 23 appearances for his club Shijiazhuang Ever Bright.
Mulenga has over 50 caps for Zambia scoring eight goals.
The striker has made three appearances at the Africa Cup of Nations final tournaments.
The forceful forward missed the 2012 Africa Cup which was co-hosted by Equatorial Guinea and Gabon where Zambia emerged victorious.

SHARE

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY