SPORTS minister Vincent Mwale has urged Football Association of Zambia to quickly resolve the matter involving Chipolopolo coach Honour Janza’s contract. Asked to comment on revelations that FAZ intends to replace Janza hence the delay in giving him a binding contract as initially promised, Mwale said the government cannot impose a coach on FAZ.
He said in an interview yesterday that his desire was for FAZ to settle the coaching issue so that future national team engagements were not disrupted. “We are not experts, ours is policy. It’s FAZ to tell us. If they don’t want Janza, we don’t know the reasons, they know the reasons,” Mwale said. “If they want to bring a new coach, let them do it quickly.
If it’s Janza, let them bring a contract so that he can continue working. Time is running out, we don’t want to be caught in unpreparedness by the time the next qualifiers start.” Mwale said his job was not about FAZ’s changing of statements but to look at the terms and conditions before providing resources.
According to sources, Janza was called to Football House after last month’s Charity Shield matches and told to continue as technical director while acting as Chipolopolo head coach. Asked to comment on the revelations last Tuesday, FAZ general secretary George Kasengele said he could not comment before the government is briefed on the matter adding that Janza was still stand-in coach. – See more at: http://www.postzambia.com/news.php?id=6722#sthash.16ENTZeK.dpuf