Suspected poisonous mushroom claim three lives

0

——————-Three people of the same family have died in Kalabo District Hospital after eating suspected poisonous mushrooms.

 

Officer –in-Charge David Kabongo who confirmed the development to ZANIS explained that a six-year-old child was brought in dead while his mother died few hours later.

 

Dr Kabongo further explained that the father to the six year old boy died on the third day of his being admitted.

 

Dr. Kabongo however, said he could not tell whether or not the trio died of suspected poisonous mushrooms because the hospital did not have the right equipment to test the type of poison.

 

He said they were merely informed by the people that brought them to the hospital that they had consumed poisonous mushrooms.

 

The trio includes Pelekelo Namboo 29,Likezo Liswaniso 28 and Likezo Liswaniso Jr 6 all of Lueti area.

 

The family of the deceased persons have not yet claimed the bodies causing space shortages as the mortuary only had one functioning fridge and can only accommodate six bodies.

 

The development has left the local authority with no option but to place a notice which if no one comes forward to claim the bodies at the end of 14 days the local authority will have to dispose of the bodies.

 

Acting Council Secretary who is also Deputy Director of Works Kenneth Sampa confirmed having notified the public about the three bodies.

 

SHARE

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY