Expelled MMD NEC members refuse to exculpate

1

Opposition Movement for Multi-party Democracy (MMD) National Secretary, Muhabi Lungu, has disclosed that none of the five expelled National Executive Committee (NEC) members have submitted any written exculpatory statements.

The five are Party Spokesperson, Dora Siliya, Vice Presidents, Michael Kaingu and Brian Chituwo, National Chairperson for Tourism, Lucky Mulusa and National Youth Secretary, Tobias Kafumukache.

Mr Lungu added that since compliance has not been met his office will now prepare a report for submission to the NEC for consideration and further action.

Speaking during a press briefing in Lusaka on May 13th  Mr Lungu said this will be done expeditiously as NEC meeting will soon be called to consider the issue.

Mr Lungu said in accordance with NEC regulations the accused members were given ten days to submit exculpatory statements in their defence or lack of it.

He explained that ten days from the date of April 28 elapsed last week on May 8 and none of those accused exculpated themselves.

Meanwhile Mr Lungu has also announced new procedures for holding press conferences at the secretariat and general communication.

Mr Lungu said it has been unanimously agreed by all concerned parties that no one will be allowed to hold press conferences at the Party Secretariat without prior permission from the part president.

He said this is to ensure that there is coordination between senior office holders and also to avoid unnecessary misunderstandings in the press.

SHARE

1 COMMENT

  1. What i don’t understood is in fact hoow you’re not actually much more neatly-appreciated than you may be now.

    You are very intelligent. Youu realize thus considerably in relation to this topic, made me for my
    part consider it from a lot of various angles. Its like men and woomen are not interested unless it’s something to ddo with
    Woman gaga! Your individual stufffs outstanding. Always take care of it up!

LEAVE A REPLY