Mongu stadium works start

0
WORKS at the ultra-modern 20,000 seater Mongu Stadium in Western Province have commenced, while bids for the Livingstone Stadium are expected to close on Friday.

 Sports Minister Chishimba Kambwili said yesterday that a Chinese contractor, Wah Kong Enterprises Limited, had already moved on site to start works at the Mongu Stadium that is expected to gobble K291 million.

 Kambwili expressed hope that Wah Kong would finish the works on the stadium within the stipulated time in the contract to avoid any extra cost on the Government and the contractor.

The selection of Wah Kong came after another Chinese contractor Sogecao Zambia Limited had its contract for the same stadium cancelled in April this year.

The tender procedure for the stadium was then re-advertised with Wah Kong winning the bid to construct the stadium.

 On the Livingstone Stadium, Kambwili said the bids will close on Friday and that works would begin immediately a contractor was picked.

 Kambwili assured Zambians that the two stadia would be built by the best contractors, adding that Wah Kong had a proven track record having worked on some Government projects before.

SHARE

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY