Tribunal on judges to start sitting on September 26

0
THE Tribunal set up to probe two Ndola High Court judges Emelia Sunkutu and Timothy Katanekwa for alleged professional misconduct, is expected to start sitting on September 26 this year.

Sources have disclosed that preparations had reached an advanced stage as two chambers had already been organised at the High Court where the two separate tribunals would be held.

The sources said all administrative work had been completed except for minor issues like redeployment of staff to help in the operations of the Tribunal.

“Yes I can confirm that the sittings are expected to commence next week, all the preparations have been done, and the only issue still in contention is that of recruiting staff assistants.

“Actually they were recruited last week but there was a serious problem, so as we speak, the recruitment process has started afresh,” the source said.

According to the source, the two Tribunals would not be open to members of the public including the Press because the Tribunal had decided to use its discretion to hold the hearings in camera.

President Michael Sata suspended the two Ndola High Court judges and constituted Tribunals to probe their conduct.

The two Tribunals would be co-chaired by former Chief Justice Mathew Ngulube and Mr Justice Frederick Chomba, who is former Minister of Legal Affairs and Attorney General.

Mr Justice Ngulube would be in-charge of the Tribunal set up to probe Mr Justice Sunkutu while Justice Chomba would be chairing the Tribunal probing Mr Justice Katanekwa.

Other Justices sitting as members in the tribunal are former Electoral Commission of Zambia chairperson Justice Bobby Bwalya and Justice Sylvester Simachela, while Chilombo Phiri was appointed as secretary.

 

SHARE

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY