-Two children die in Kabwe inferno

0
———- Forwarded message ———-
From: ZANIS News <[email protected]>

Two children die in Kabwe inferno

Kabwe,  May , 20, 2013, ZANIS–Two children were burnt to ashes

when the house they were sleeping in caught fire in Kawama compound in

Kabwe today.

Kawama area councilor Lackson Mapoka told ZANIS that the incident

which happened in his constituency around 02 hours today

involved a mother and her two children.

 

Mr Mapoka said the family could have left a lit candle when it

retired to sleep.

 

He named the deceased male children as Gift Nakaonga six (6), and a

one  year eight months old baby James Nakaonga of the same family.

 

He said the mother of the children Bedsheba Liche, 25, survived death

after escaping from the inferno, and that she was currently nursing

serious burns in Kabwe General Hospital’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU).

 

Councilor Mapoka is appealing to the government and other well-wishers

to assist the family to bury the two children.

 

Central province police commanding officer could not be reached for a

comment by press time.

ENDS/EB/

SHARE

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY