From: ZANIS News <[email protected]>
Kabwe, May , 20, 2013, ZANIS–Two children were burnt to ashes
when the house they were sleeping in caught fire in Kawama compound in
Kawama area councilor Lackson Mapoka told ZANIS that the incident
which happened in his constituency around 02 hours today
involved a mother and her two children.
Mr Mapoka said the family could have left a lit candle when it
retired to sleep.
He named the deceased male children as Gift Nakaonga six (6), and a
one year eight months old baby James Nakaonga of the same family.
He said the mother of the children Bedsheba Liche, 25, survived death
after escaping from the inferno, and that she was currently nursing
serious burns in Kabwe General Hospital’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
Councilor Mapoka is appealing to the government and other well-wishers
to assist the family to bury the two children.
Central province police commanding officer could not be reached for a
comment by press time.